11 December 2019
GVC Holding PLC
(“GVC”, the “Company”)
The Board of Directors of GVC, the global sports-betting and gaming group, is pleased to announce the appointment of Jette Nygaard-Andersen as an independent Non-Executive Director with immediate effect.
Jette has more than 20 years’ experience in leadership and operational roles in media, entertainment and digital businesses in general, as well as building and operating DTC and OTT streaming services across multiple European countries. From 2003 until March 2019 she held several senior executive and non-executive roles at Modern Times Group AB, a listed international entertainment group with a strong presence in Scandinavia and Central Europe, serving on the executive committee from 2011. Jette has extensive experience from working with a portfolio of fast growing digital next generation online/mobile entertainment companies offering online (mobile) video gaming, eSports, social media video content and platforms. Prior to 2003 she worked for six years for Accenture as a senior strategy consultant advising clients in the telecommunications, media and entertainment sectors, having moved from A.P. Møller-Maersk, the global logistics company where she worked in finance, strategy and business development roles.
Jette currently serves on the board of Coloplast AS, a leading medical technology company listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange, where she also serves as a member of the remuneration and nomination committees. She also chairs the board of Astralis Group A/S, an international esports organisation, which has recently listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market in Denmark.
Lee Feldman, GVC’s Chairman, commented:
“Jette’s appointment further extends the breadth and depth of the Board’s collective experience and international outlook. We look forward to her contribution given her extensive experience in consumer-facing businesses in the entertainment, media and technology sectors.”
In accordance with LR 9.6.13 of the Listing Rules it is disclosed that Jette is currently a non-executive director of Coloplast AS, listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange and Chair of Astralis Group A/S, listed on the Danish Nasdaq First North Growth Market. There are no additional details to disclose under this Listing Rule provision. Jette does not own any GVC ordinary shares.
– ends –
GVC Holdings PLC
Kenneth Alexander, Chief Executive Officer
Rob Wood, Chief Financial Officer
Tel: 0207 250 1446
Rob Greening / Elly Williamson
GVC Holdings PLC is one of the world’s largest sports-betting and gaming groups, operating both online and in the retail sector. The Group owns a comprehensive portfolio of established brands; Sports Brands include bwin, Coral, Crystalbet, Eurobet, Ladbrokes, Neds and Sportingbet; Games Brands include CasinoClub, Foxy Bingo, Gala, Gioco Digitale, partypoker and PartyCasino. The Group owns proprietary technology across all of its core product verticals and in addition to its B2C operations provides services to a number of third-party customers on a B2B basis. The Group has also entered into a joint-venture with MGM Resorts to capitalise on the sports-betting and gaming opportunity in the US. The Group, incorporated in the Isle of Man, is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index and has licences in more than 20 countries, across five continents.
For more information see the Group’s website: www.gvc-plc.com
Note for Editors
- The appointment of Jette Nygaard-Andersen as a Non-Executive Director was made by the Board on the recommendation of the Nominations Committee following a search led by the Chairman. The Committee comprises Stephen Morana and Jane Anscombe and is chaired by Lee Feldman. All the other Non-Executive Directors, who are not members of the Nominations Committee also participated in the interview process.
- The Board determined that Jette Nygaard-Andersen is an independent Non-Executive Director on appointment in accordance with the UK Corporate Governance Code.
- Jette Nygaard-Andersen has been issued with a letter of appointment which may be viewed by contacting the Company Secretary at the Company’s registered office.
- Board composition – Following this appointment, the composition of the Board of GVC will be as follows:
- Lee Feldman, current Chairman of the Board and of the Nominations Committee
- Barry Gibson, Chairman-elect of the Board and of the Nominations Committee
- Kenneth Alexander, Chief Executive Officer
- Rob Wood, Chief Financial Officer
- Stephen Morana, Senior Independent Non-Executive Director
- Jane Anscombe, Independent Non-Executive Director & Chair of Remuneration Committee
- Pierre Bouchut, Independent Non-Executive Director & Chair of Audit Committee
- Peter Isola, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Virginia McDowell, Independent Non-Executive Director & Chair of Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
- Jette Nygaard-Andersen, Independent Non-Executive Director