19 May 2021
(“Entain”, the “Group”)
Entain Publishes ESG Report
Entain plc (LSE: ENT), the global sports-betting and gaming group, has today issued its 2020-21 ESG report, setting out the Group’s approach to, and performance on, sustainability and ESG related issues.
The report follows the publication of Entain’s Sustainability Charter at the end of 2020, which set out the Group’s strategy for long-term sustainability built on four cornerstones:
- An exclusive focus on regulated markets
- By the start of 2021, 99% of NGR was derived from locally regulated markets or those in the process of regulating
- By end of 2023, 100% of NGR will come from locally regulated markets
- Lead on responsible betting and gaming
- To complement its Changing for the Bettor strategy, the Group has launched ARC, (Advanced Responsibility and Care), its ground-breaking programme designed to make player protection proactive, driven by research, data analytics and technology
- Entain was named 2020 Safer Gambling Operator of the Year by EGR and 2020 Socially Responsible Sportsbook of the Year by SBC at the industry’s leading awards events
- Pursue best-in-class standards in corporate governance
- During the period under review the Board has been significantly refreshed with new appointments
- The Group has strengthened and revitalised its Board and policy processes
- Invest in our people and local communities
- The Entain Foundation was established with £100m committed for safer betting and gaming charities and other good causes over five years
- The Group has committed to being carbon net zero by 2035 and joined the Science Based Target initiative, having achieved international standards for Environmental Management and HSSE
Entain has received widespread recognition for these efforts, having achieved AA status with leading ESG ratings agency MSCI, and through its continued membership of both FTSE4Good and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. Elsewhere, the Group topped the All-in Diversity Project’s Index which measures operators’ approach to diversity and inclusion within the industry.
Virginia McDowell, Chair of Entain’s ESG Board Committee said:
“The past year has seen ESG matters embedded at the heart of our operations. We are committed to taking a leading role in supporting the communities in which we operate, creating the safest possible betting and gaming platform, and in doing so, making Entain the best place to work for all of our people. By delivering on this ambition, we will create long-term, sustainable growth for all of our stakeholders.”
Entain’s 2020-21 ESG report is available on our website and can be accessed through: 2020-2021 ESG Report.
About Entain plc
Entain plc (LSE: ENT) is a FTSE100 company and is one of the world’s largest sports-betting and gaming groups, operating both online and in the retail sector. The Group owns a comprehensive portfolio of established brands; Sports Brands include bwin, Bet.pt, Coral, Crystalbet, Eurobet, Ladbrokes, Neds and Sportingbet; Gaming Brands include CasinoClub, Foxy Bingo, Gala, Gioco Digitale, Ninja Casino, Optibet, partypoker and PartyCasino. The Group owns proprietary technology across all its core product verticals and in addition to its B2C operations provides services to a number of third-party customers on a B2B basis. The Group has also entered into a joint-venture with MGM Resorts to capitalise on the sports betting and gaming opportunity in the US, through BetMGM. Entain provides the technology which powers BetMGM and exclusive games and products, specially developed at its in-house gaming studios. The Group is tax resident in the UK with licenses in a total of 27 regulated markets. Entain is a leader in ESG, a member of FTSE4Good, the DJSI and is AA rated by MSCI. The Group has set an SBT, committing to be carbon net zero by 2035 and through the Entain Foundation supports a variety of initiatives, focusing on safer gambling, grassroots sport, diversity in technology and community projects.
For more information see the Group’s website: www.entaingroup.com